Sunday, 28 February 2010

It's funny how when your in a particular mood the music you listen to reflects it. For example when I'm feeling particularly empowered I listen to some feel good James Morrison! Some of the lyrics can be a bit depressing if your really listen 'I've been down so low, People look at me and they know, They can tell something is wrong, Like I don't belong' but there is an oomph in this song that just says yes. 'I'm not lost, just undiscovered' is one of those lyrics that really gets me. Does everyone like to link lyrics to themselves? I just love James Morrison. NO1 should ever say bad things about him or his music... well he is a bit odd looking but that's about it.

What started my thoughts on this you may wonder?

Well I was listening to a bit of James Blunt (all the James' are out today) and his lyrics are well... depressing. And I thought to myself. Why am I sitting here working myself up with some really needy bloke playing? :S Anyway!! Music swiftly changed when I realized this. Instead I found my less sad play list and things were fine. HAHA

ANNNYWWAAYYY
I promised a chart show rant and I will limit myself to the top 10 so here goes...

Jason Derulo - In My Head
I'm not phased by this song in the slightest. I'm sure it will grow on my as it is played more and more. But for now it's not 'In My Head' badumbumtish!! Ok bad joke I get that I'm not funny :P anyway... not got much to say on this now it'll probably pop up again.

Florence/Dizzee Rascal - You Got The Dirtee Love
Oh this is a grower!! I really like this. When they were an the brits just loved it. She's really awesome and reminds me of a red headed friend who is just a younger version of her. I wonder who the machine is though. I heard that the machine is the name of the band that writes her songs even though she tours with her own band. Kinda odd and doesn't make much sense but owel. Dizzee Rascal is just the lovable little brother.. just think 'awwhh' i don't quiet know why. I like him and I'm sure hes going to keep producing floor filler after floor filler.

Rihanna - Rude Boy
I Know many people find her annoying and she is a very scary woman. After the whole Chris Brown thing it's like she played up for it. All her hair is gone and shes surrounded by darkness and general ahh. Shes clearly pushing this 'I'm going to be strong because I was hurt' thing and fair enough but I miss 'SOS' Rihanna. Where she was young and carefree the music was good. The music is still good however I prefer the dance remix of this. There's just more to it. Otherwise it's a bit annoying. AND She doesn't half repeat herself in all her songs. Can she only learn a certain amount of words at a time? Or is it a way around writers block? :S

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
Like this a lot. We will see good things of her in the coming months! I wasn't expecting her to look like what she does though. I don't know why. I like the song and I like her. Look forward to more.

Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind (Part II)
Amazing voice!! But HOW MANY TIMES can you release the same song! HAHA
OK we get that your from New York... now what?

Sugababes - Wear My Kiss
This was in my head all of Friday. There are no original members of the Sugababes left :S Should they not re-name themselves? Technically there not the Sugababes anymore. My favorite combination was the ones that did 'Round Round'

Helping Haiti - Everybody Hurts
Hmm it's nice that their trying to help... really I want to help. But I don't want to own this song. Could they not have picked something a bit more... uplifting? I hate that. I suppose it's like the point I made at the start of this about listening to music that suits the mood. Ahh well I hope they can help!

JLS - One Shot
These guys seam so nice! I have two friends that would fit very nicely into this band and they know it! Even funnier, when I mentioned this to them both separately they did *very well I might add* the beat again dance. HAHA It's odd how they had a single out properly before Alexandra Burke even though she won. Shows you don't need to win these competitions to make it. Suppose the cheeky girls were more proof of that. AND they didn't even get through.Like this song, like them. But if they want two more members they should seriously look up M + C!!!

Yeah I am fairly happy with this weeks chart. Could have been a lot worse.

1 comment:

  1. i think most of these are pop :(

    pop songs aren't as good as they were once were :( metal is much better :P

    ReplyDelete